“None For Me, But Plenty Of Rules For Thee”
- During the pandemic Whitmer flew on a private jet to Florida against her own guidance.
- Whitmer’s husband traveled north to their second home in Antrim County despite Whitmer’s own restrictions.
- When confronted, Whitmer claimed it was ok because her husband was only traveling up north to rake leaves.
- Whitmer dismissed criticism over her families’ hypocrisy as people are just “looking for faults.”
- Whitmer claimed that her husband was only joking when he asked a boat dock company to speed up his request to get a dock for his boat installed.
- Whitmer was pictured at Landshark Bar & Grill around a crowded table with no social distancing measures or masks despite it being a violation of her own rules.
- Whitmer was caught dancing without a mask at a bar in DC despite her own guidance and DC Mayor Muriel Bowser’s indoor mask mandate.
- Whitmer ran on getting money out of politics but accepted nearly $4 million in illegal contributions that even her own Secretary of State said she may have to return.
- In 2018, Whitmer campaigned on a “sunshine plan” which specifically called for ending “unlimited campaign spending.”
- Whitmer campaigned on “tough new lobbying rules”